I had a number of things planned for my April blog. As spring started proper and various places/activities started up for the year, I was going to talk about some of my interests outside of work.
However, at the end of March, I spent a lot of my time crossing things out of my diary as that C-thing took hold. It all got a bit depressing. In addition, it seems I picked the wrong Lent to give up alcohol.
Luckily, I have some work that transferred from face-to-face to online and so have work to see me through the most likely lockdown period, however, the whole family has ended up at home and routines are shot to pieces. On top of everything else, I have become a part-time teacher. It has made for some interesting work periods…
However, I thought I would reflect weekly on the positives.
So, this week:
1. I’ve managed to get out on my bike once or twice.
2. The 10-year-old has learnt how to use the coffee maker.
3. We’ve had many family dinners, which wasn’t always possible when things were “normal”.
4. My bank balance is not going down.
5. The children are both very understanding of the situation and have been great in entertaining themselves when both parents have had to work.
And so we continue…